BLOG: ALL ABOUT PORTABLE TRUCK SCALES
Portable Truck Scales are an attractive weighing solution for various industries, from mining, to construction, to farming, and more. It’s important to fully understand, that Truck Axle Scales or Wheel Weighers should not be considered “Truck Scales”, nor are they Legal-for-Trade weighing methods. Portable Truck Scales, such as our Sidewinder and Centurion models are Legal-for-Trade and are a top choice for businesses seeking accurate mobile weighing options.
There are some scenarios when the need for a Portable Truck Scale arises suddenly, such as with natural disasters. Demolition and debris removal will be necessary after a major hurricane or wildfire, for example, whereas the convenience of a temporary weighing solution is key for tracking and reporting requirements. The mining industry is another good example, as where the geography of the site changes over time with the need to relocate truck scales to different locations on site. A third example would be in short-term capacity increases resulting in a need to move more products quickly than within normal operating capacity constraints.
Benefits of Portable Truck Scales
1. Convenience. Portable solutions are fast and easy to install and remove. They are preassembled in modular format, simplifying assembly and calibration and are only constructed as steel deck truck scales, not concrete decks.
2. Cost. Permanent truck scales can be more expensive, especially with a pit scale with complex foundation requirements and expensive concrete pit construction costs.
3. Versatility. Portable truck scales can be relocated rather simply if needed.
4. NTEP-approved and legal for trade (when purchased through SWSCALE).
Types of Portable Truck Scales
There are two choices when it comes to choosing the type of mobile truck scale. First are self-contained where full disassembly of the truck scale is not required for transport or relocation. The second is non-self-contained in which case the scale and portable framework are separate items, thus requiring more labor and cost in relocation. Southwestern Scale Company Inc offers both scales in both options: The Sidewinder and the Centurion.
SWSCALE prides itself on offering the latest and greatest in truck scale technologies and provides many options to meet the needs of over 25 industries. Portable truck scale options include:
• Traffic Lights
• Remote Displays
• Custom Truck Scales
• Lockable Weatherproof Enclosures for Indicator and Printers
• Unattended Weighing Kiosks
• Lighting and Surge Protection Kits
• Solar Power
• PC Software Adapters for Seamless Scale Transaction Data Management
Do you have a question?
For more information about Scales for sale or rent, Scale Calibration, or other services, call one of our experts today at 602-243-3951.
Or click the button below to fill out our contact form, and a SWSCALE representative will contact you shortly.