Since our establishment in 1948, we have been providing top-quality Scale and weighing system services for all industrial applications from milligrams to tons. Firmly rooted in Arizona, we actively serve the entire Southwestern region and have customers throughout North America.
Southwestern Scale is fully equipped to service customers in over 25 different industries including Sand & Gravel, Mining, Chemical, Agricultural, Food, Parcel, Industrial and many more. These are the customers that drive our regional and national economy, and we are more than pleased to part of their growth. We have installed more equipment and provided more field services using our extensive mobile fleet than any other Scale company in the region.
Southwestern Scale heavy capacity Scales have been manufactured right here in Phoenix for the past 40+ years, with a focus on durability, reliability, and innovation. As a national leader in Scale equipment and Scale services, we are dedicated to providing an exceptional level of customer service, personal attention, professionalism, honesty and integrity to all our customers (no matter how big or small the job may be)!
OPPORTUNITY TO JOIN THE TEAM
We have an IMMEDIATE opening for a Welder / Fabricator. The primary function of this position is to work with heavy structural steel to build our truck scales. We utilize Miller 302 and XMT350 welders, 100Amp Plasma Torch, Mag Drills, Flame Torches, and various other items at our facility.
Some of the skills we are looking for:
• Dependable and able to work with others doing quality work
• Excellent FLAT welding ability
• Good OVERHEAD and/or VERTICAL welding ability
• Cutting with Flame and/or Plasma torch
• Fabricating and Fitting structural steel
• Reading prints
• Forklift certification
• Strong Leader and Bilingual a plus
• Work 8+ hours per day from 7am-3pm (or earlier during the summer months)
We REQUIRE a simple welding test when you come in to complete your application. This test requires you to demonstrate a FLAT, VERTICAL, and OVERHEAD weld. Come PREPARED with your helmet, gloves, and any other safety equipment you need. NO EQUIPMENT, NO TEST! Apply in person at our offices (2535 W. Broadway Road, Phoenix, AZ 85041) between the hours of 7am-10am, Monday-Friday. If you’re unable to come during these hours, please call us at 602-243-3951 to make alternate arrangements.
Benefits are as follows after you complete the 60 day probationary period:
• PPO Medical / Dental / Vision / Life
• Eight paid company Holidays plus your Birthday
• 401k with company match (after 12 months)
• Employee SAFETY is our priority. In process to become VPP Certified through ADOSH.
• The best vehicles, equipment, tools and technology to execute field service
• A family-owned company that is truly different than most companies out there. Yes, that is a bold statement, but if you are fortunate enough to be asked to join the team, you will soon realize how true that statement is.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 – $28.00 per hour
Supplemental Pay: Bonus pay
• 401(k) matching
• Dental insurance
• Health insurance
• Life insurance
• Paid time off
• Vision insurance
Please send your resume to email@example.com.
Do you have a question?
For more information about Scales for sale or rent, Scale Calibration, or other services, call one of our experts today at 602-243-3951.
Or click the button below to fill out our contact form, and a SWSCALE representative will contact you shortly.