Since our establishment in 1948, we have been providing top-quality Scale and weighing system services for all industrial applications from milligrams to tons. Firmly rooted in Arizona, we actively serve the entire Southwestern region and have customers throughout North America.
Southwestern Scale is fully equipped to service customers in over 25 different industries including Sand & Gravel, Mining, Chemical, Agricultural, Food, Parcel, Industrial and many more. These are the customers that drive our regional and national economy, and we are more than pleased to part of their growth. We have installed more equipment and provided more field services using our extensive mobile fleet than any other Scale company in the region.
Southwestern Scale heavy capacity Scales have been manufactured right here in Phoenix for the past 40+ years, with a focus on durability, reliability, and innovation. As a national leader in Scale equipment and Scale services, we are dedicated to providing an exceptional level of customer service, personal attention, professionalism, honesty and integrity to all our customers (no matter how big or small the job may be)!
OPPORTUNITY TO JOIN THE TEAM
We currently have an opening for a MANUFACTURING & ENGINEERING MANAGER. The basic function of this position is to oversee all activities within the Manufacturing area while concurrently executing a variety of engineering and design projects as needed. This includes working with the Manufacturing Supervisor, Welders, Part Makers and Laborers to ensure the fabrication of weighing equipment is completed within set timelines, profitability targets, and quality & safety standards. Additionally, the position is responsible for keeping track of inventory levels for materials and parts to ensure their availability to meet scheduled manufacturing needs. The role must foster teamwork and cooperation by utilization of communication with the SWSCALE Leadership Team, internal staff, Sales department, and project managers as well as meeting project objectives and customer’s timelines. The role must also professionally communicate with internal and external customers and vendors to maintain the company’s high level of customer service and satisfaction.
• The MANUFACTURING & ENGINEERING MANAGER reports to the CEO/COO.
• The MANUFACTURING & ENGINEERING MANAGER is a member of the Management Team.
Leadership & Management:
• Work with all internal and external resources to achieve company goals
• Represent Southwestern Scale in a positive and professional manner
• Oversee work performed by the Manufacturing team and maintain ongoing communication with Management Team to support operations
• Lead direct reports to foster a positive attitude and build company morale
• Actively participate in meetings, providing input, meeting commitments, and holding the team accountable
• Supervise and assign tasks to direct reports, adjusting assignments as needed to best utilize resources
• Perform any other duties assigned by the position’s direct supervisor
• Follow and uphold company policies and procedures in a clear and consistent manner
• Communicate with Management Team regularly regarding job progress, personnel issues, team performance, schedules, etc.
• Ensure team has the manpower, materials, tools, and equipment necessary to complete orders successfully
• Coordinate with purchasing for parts/materials, tools and equipment needed for manufacturing items
• Anticipate problems and plan potential solutions in a proactive manner to minimize waste
• Ensure that the team arrives to work on time and prepared
• Ensure that manufacturing equipment and tools are in good working order
• Review NetSuite time records for direct reports to ensure accuracy and completeness
• Immediately report employee abuse to supervisor regarding work hours, missing materials, missing/damaged tools, etc. for appropriate implementation of consequences
• Maintain State and Federal required safety practices and procedures
• Make recommendations for process improvements in operations
Human Resources & Administration:
• Interview, hire and discharge direct reports with HR authorization
• Complete performance reviews and goal setting with direct reports
• Meet regularly with team to address development needs and to assess progress towards goals
• Train direct reports in work areas where they may not be knowledgeable enough yet or where they may be having difficulties
• Evaluate team staffing requirements. Make recommendation for the addition of new team members as appropriate
• Oversee work schedules, PTO and other absences amongst team and approve/deny in NetSuite
• Recommend salary changes for direct reports
• Engineering degree
• Minimum of 3-5 years managing a team in a heavy steel fabrication & fitting industry
• Extensive knowledge with the use of MIG welding, plasma torches, burn tables, and other fabrication and fitting tools
• SolidWorks design, modeling, and engineering software
• OSHA and MSHA adherence in day to day operations
• Highly organized and attention to detail Able to brainstorm solutions in a team environment
• Clean driving record – MVD and background check required
• We are a drug free workplace – Pre-Employment drug test required
• Willing to get hands dirty to get the job done
• Bilingual a plus
• Humana PPO Medical with 100% In Network Paid Deductible for participating family members
• Humana $50,000 Basic Life Insurance
• Delta Dental and Vision
• JPMorgan Chase 401k Plan with percentage match up to 5%
• Generous PTO Plan
• Provided Phone and Laptop
• Relocation Expenses Negotiable
• Bi-Weekly Payroll
• Additional Compensation (When the company does well, we share in our successes! This is one of our Core Values)
Hours: 7am to 4pm (or depending on manufacturing needs)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000.00 – $110,000.00 per year
Please send your resume to email@example.com.
Do you have a question?
For more information about Scales for sale or rent, Scale Calibration, or other services, call one of our experts today at 602-243-3951.
Or click the button below to fill out our contact form, and a SWSCALE representative will contact you shortly.