We have an opening for a Field Service Technician, as part of our Service department. More info below!
If you’ve already read the position info, click here to apply!
When you make a commitment to us, we invest in you!
We see people over numbers, and understand that the wellbeing of our employees is a priority (not an afterthought). You’re providing us with your own set of unique skills and experience to help our business grow and, in turn, we’re always ensuring that you’re receiving the types of benefits and resources you expect and deserve!
We offer a comprehensive benefits package:
• 401(k) with 5% company matching ¹
• Health insurance (100% paid deductible) ²
• Dental insurance ²
• Vision insurance ²
• Life insurance ²
• Paid time off (PTO) ²
• 11 paid company holidays (plus your birthday off!)
In addition to your benefits package, we’ll also provide you with the best resources for the job:
• SHARP-Certified through ADOSH
• Top-notch, well-maintained company vehicles
• High-quality equipment and tools
• Innovative technology for tasks in the field
Beyond benefits and resources, you’ll be given the confidence of knowing that your work is directly impacting the regional economy, and the security of knowing that you’re part of a knowledgeable, recession-proof TEAM! No matter what’s happening in the global marketplace, we’re always well-positioned for success, giving you one less thing to worry about at night! Between our 70+ years of experience in the Scale industry, and the 300 years of combined industry experience across all of your co-workers, you’ll be able to lean on an unparalleled set of resources.
At the end of the day, you’ll know your work helped make a difference, and feel good about what you accomplished. Every position at SWSCALE is crucial to our shared success, and your efforts will never go unnoticed or unrewarded!
WHAT YOU’LL DO IN THIS ROLE
The primary responsibility will be to become a licensed Scale Technician in the state of Arizona, and travel to our customer’s various locations to service/calibrate their weighing equipment. You’ll also be able to perform weighing equipment installations and execute various forms of maintenance to weighment devices.
Normal work hours are from 6:00am – 2:00pm, but do vary depending on customer’s requirements (we are a 24-7 service provider).
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO THE TABLE
• A clean driving record (you will be required to consent to an MVD check)
• The ability to travel outside of Phoenix, Arizona between Monday-Friday, as needed
• A willingness to work on weekends, using a rotating schedule with the rest of the team
• Endurance to work earlier or later than normal work hours, with 10+ hours of overtime per week
• A CDL (minimum Class B) is a plus, but not required
• Great communication skills
• A clean appearance
• A detail-oriented approach
• The ability to problem-solve
• Ability to use a multimeter
• Ability to lift 50 lbs. repeatedly
• Ownership of hand tools
• 1 year of weighing equipment service and calibration preferred (not required)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $24.00 – $35.00 per hour (depending on experience)
Supplemental Pay: Bonus pay
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
WHO WE ARE
Southwestern Scale is a fully equipped weighing enterprise, servicing customers in over 25 different industries, including Sand & Gravel, Mining, Chemical, Agricultural, Food, Parcel, Industrial, and many, many more! We have installed more equipment and provided more field services using our extensive mobile fleet than any other Scale company in the Southwestern United States.
We like to say that we’re “BIG. BOLD. BLUE.”:
BIG because our business is growing by leaps and bounds, and can be attributed to our efforts to think bigger.
BOLD because we’re always looking to boldly improve our processes, efficiencies, and overall knowledge.
BLUE because we all strive toward the same goals, while proudly donning our company logo.
Learn more about us here: https://swscale.com/about
¹ After 12 months
² After completing a 60-day probationary period
APPLY TO THIS POSITION:
Do you have a question?
For more information about Scales for sale or rent, Scale Calibration, or other services, call one of our experts today at 602-243-3951.
Or click the button below to fill out our contact form, and a SWSCALE representative will contact you shortly.
2535 W. Broadway Road, Phoenix, AZ 85041
P.O. Box 8760, Phoenix, AZ 85066
729 8th Street SE, Building 2
Loveland, CO 80537
10101 Hicks Field Road, Suite 105
Fort Worth, TX 76179